Select a Size option
The Dual Stage Filter device protects the Hot Runner system and mold by avoiding gate clogging and/or damage caused by contaminates accidentally introduced to the injection molding machine. Mounted between the extruder barrel and the molding machine nozzle, our unique design allows for two separate melt pathways:
- Injection Stage – During injection where the melt is filtered and homogenized through a series of decreasing-in-size grooves and openings
- Decompression Stage – Filtered debris will be bypassed and will remain trapped and undisturbed, as the melt follows a separate pathway. There are no springs or components to “stick” or cease up that ensures uninterrupted production. Filter can be cleaned by simply removing the adapter and purging.
Our Dual Stage Filters (DSF) are available in standard thread sizes (1 ½ x 12 or 1 ¾ x 8).
Place a request today and our staff will provide an estimate with the best recommendations for your needs. Scroll down to view more details
- Decompression occurs with “zero pressure drop”
- Two-stage filtering during injection
- No springs or components to clog up
- Homogenization and mixing of the melt, for uniform color and temperature distribution
- Two separate melt pathways
- Easy to clean
- Filtered debris is bypassed during decompression
- Uniform color and temperature distribution
- Particles as small as .010” can be filtered out
This product primarily caters to the Automotive industry.