Select a Size option
The Dual Stage Filter is a device that eliminates gate obstructions caused by contaminants that can be inadvertently introduced into the molding material. Mounted between the extruder barrel and the molding machine nozzle, our unique design protects critical mold components by using two separate melt stages:
- Injection Stage – During injection, the melt is filtered and homogenized through a series of grooves and openings that diminish in size to separate out debris as small as 0.010″.
- Decompression Stage – After the debris is filtered out, the melt flows evenly through a separate pathway, back to the molding machine. There are no springs or components to “stick” or seize up, so production is smooth and uninterrupted, and the filter is easy to clean and maintain.
Standard thread sizes are available.
Place a request today and our staff will provide an estimate with the best recommendations for your needs. Scroll down to view more details
- Decompression occurs with “zero pressure drop”
- Two-stage filtering during injection
- No springs or components to clog up
- Homogenization and mixing of the melt, for uniform color and temperature distribution
- Two separate melt pathways
- Easy to clean
- Filtered debris is bypassed during decompression
- Uniform color and temperature distribution
- Particles as small as .010” can be filtered out
This product primarily caters to the Automotive industry.