IMP Modular & MFL Module
Plastic molding applications require a Hot Runner Controller that provides precision control, ease of use, day-to-day reliability, and at a lower cost.
Place a request today and our staff will provide an estimate with the best recommendations for your needs.
IMP Modular Hot Runner Controllers
The IMP Modular Hot Runner controller is a microprocessor-based temperature controller specifically designed for runnerless molding applications. The controllers are self-tuning, with built-in diagnostics, and easy-to-use operator keypad with simultaneous process and set point displays and discrete indicators for heat output, alarm, degrees F/C, and manual/closed loop mode.
- CompuStep® bake out feature removes moisture from the heater before full power is applied
- CompuCycle® feature improves response time, reduces thermal fatigue, and prolongs heater life by applying AC power smoothly and continuously
- SafeChange™ “hot swap” feature allows safe removal and replacement of modules
- Compatible with all D-M-E Company’s G Series and Smart Series, ITC, MCS, Yudo, and Incoe brand mainframes
- Accepts Type “J” or “K” thermocouple input (dip switch selectable)
- Current monitoring feature displays average output current to load
- Bumpless auto/manual transfer (dip switch selectable)
- Built-in loop break, open, and reverse thermocouple protection
- Preset alarms at 30°F (17°C)
- CE Compliant
- Available in 10- and 15-amp single zone portable units and multi-zone units
- Available in 30-amp modules (mainframe only)
Standard Portable Mainframe MFL Modules
Use the Standard Portable Mainframe 15-amp (MFL) Controllers with IMP Control Modules only. The MFL controllers are available in single-zone, dual-zone, tri-zone and up to 48 zone capacities to suit almost any hot runner control application.
- Mainframe cabinets may be stacked to form permanent, integrated unit with single AC power input and breaker.
- Up to 48 control zones can be accommodated.
- 5, 6, 8, and 12 zone frames use individual frame sections.
- 50 amps circuit breaker
- Maximum total wattage of 20 kW
- 16 through 48 zone frames use 2, 3 or 4 frame sections rigidly fastened together.
- 70 amps circuit breaker
- Maximum total wattage of 29 kW
- Prewired integral unit requires only one main AC power input connection.