Select a category to view our options
Melt Design understands the science of injection molding and works to continually advance its series of hot runner systems with new features for filling even the most complex geometries. It all begins with the patented Ultraflow™ hot manifold system. A one-piece solid manifold, the Ultraflow hot manifold is constructed from hardened tool steel for better heat response. They are also easy to clean and maintain and feature heating elements that are located on both sides of the manifold for quick replacement. Ultraflow manifolds are available as single face, two-shot or multi-material/multi-color hot runners and are naturally compatible with all styles of MDi’s gating bushings.
For single cavity molds, high-cavitation stack molds and all configurations in between, MDi designs and builds hot runner systems and components that perform reliably and efficiently for millions of cycles. All hot runner systems are pre-wired, fully assembled and tested prior to delivery. Alternatively, customers can choose to purchase only the manifold and components.
Take a moment to learn more about the types of Ultraflow™ hot runner systems we offer.
What We Offer:
- Hot Runner system components or completely pre-wired and tested assemblies
- Fully enclosed balanced manifolds to insure consistent flow conditions for all manifold exit ports
- Systems with failure resistant internally heated nozzles for increased molding uptime
- Easy to clean or change color by purging open mold
- Constructed from hardened tool steel for better heat response
- Evenly heated systems ensure that the melt flow is always balanced
- Internal wiring for maximum protection
- Water-cooled plates
- Double-ended guide pins included to protect components from clamp plate installation and misalignment
What Molders and Moldmakers Need:
- Homogeneous distribution of the melt
- Optimization of the thermal profile of the production mold
- Consistency in material flow and fill from part to part
- Rheologically and thermally balanced manifolds that combine robust components
- Independent nozzles that reduce maintenance time and costs