Anti-Drool Sprue Bar Device
With an eye on advancing molding technology to provide cost-effective solutions, MDi’s patented Anti-Drool Sprue Bar Device was specially designed for stack molds.
Our Anti-Drool Sprue Bar Device stops material drool through use of a specially designed Machine Nozzle tip that, upon decompression, employs a steel ball check to automatically seal off the material flow, thus preventing any material leakage from the Sprue Bar.
When a mold opens, the material often “drools” out due to pressure in the system. This could account for a tremendous amount of material lost over time, which can be costly, especially in high production tools.
Use of the Anti-Drool Sprue Bar Device results in a more sustainable, cleaner and lower maintenance system reducing downtime due to clean-up.
- No internal springs or components to contaminate or break
- Dual engagement surface action assures perfect alignment between the sprue bar and molding machine
- Anti-Drool technology is located between the machine nozzle and sprue bar, which will keep molds running. No messy cleanups needed
- No material waste equals more cost savings
- This device can also be used on hot runner systems running on horizontal injection presses with vertical clamp
- Compact and easy to install
- Can be designed to retrofit on existing, non-working systems